Herbal Apprenticeship Program
The Herbal Apprenticeship Program is a deeper level of learning the herbal medicine and healing path.
This a custom designed program for the person that is interested in expanding on the herbal medicine world. Each herbalist will have their own unique approach to herbal medicine that they can share to the interested apprentice. The Western Herbal Tradition goes back thousands of years that is only re-emerging as a primary first step towards health.
In this tradition, herbalists had their own way of describing how the body functions along with how disease can present. This is quite often simplified as Energetics. Some examples of this energetic approach we use a model of Six Tissue States, The Four Elements, The Four Qualities & The Four Humours. Another less known fact about the Western herbal tradition is the use of a Medicine Wheel that has so many of the same attributes as the First Nations Medicine Wheel of North and South America.
Some key areas that will be taught in an Apprenticeship include:
- Western Energetic Model and Language
- The use of over 150 different Western Herbal Medicines along with numerous Traditional Chinese Medicine and Ayurvedic Herbs in both tincture and dry herb form
- How to apply the use of these herbs by their herbal action, the body system they influence and through energetic application
- Learn how to understand Conventional Medicine Diagnosis
- The 12 key areas of focus in the Functional Herbal Medicine Approach
- How to formulate and harmonize herbal tincture and tea formulas
- Herbal medicine for children
- Herbal medicine for birth
- and so much more..!